For background/foreground music and paging applications, the Bose® FreeSpace® IZA 250-LZ and IZA 190-HZ integrated zone amplifiers are designed to deliver premium sound, provide simplified set up and easy daily operation, and offer the flexibility to expand when more loudspeakers are required. When used with FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers, even further sound optimization is possible through onboard selectable EQ presets.
Amplification for premium sound from a reliable, high quality Class-D amplifier provides optimized performance and premium sound quality through the use of internal digital signal processing
Installation made simple with set up done locally from the front and rear panels of the amplifier—no computer is required
Opti-voice® paging provides smooth automatic transition between the music and page signals
End-user friendly front panel allows users to connect devices easily, make tonal adjustments or select between two sources. Optional wall mountable Bose Volume control with A/B switch user interface allows volume and source selection controls to be placed away from the amplifier for user convenience
Compact, lightweight design enables the FreeSpace integrated zone amplifier to be placed out of the way—on a table, desk, counter, shelf or in an equipment rack using the optional Rack Mount Kit accessory
Easy connectivity and expansion are possible for applications where a second set of output channels are required. An auxiliary line output is provided to share signals with an optional FreeSpace ZA 190-HZ
- Retail stores
- Restaurants and bars
- Hospitality venues
- Conference centers
- Auxiliary zones
1 x 90W @ 70/100V
60 Hz - 20 kHz (+0/-3 dB, @ 1 W reference 1 kHz)
≤1 % (at full rated power)
Built-in Loudspeaker EQ
Bose FreeSpace DS 16 or DS 40, No EQ
Mic/Line Inputs: 1 Balanced mic/line
Line Inputs: 2 Unbalanced line
Page Inputs: 1 Balanced mic
Auxiliary Input: 1 Unbalanced line
What is the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
The FreeSpace IZA 250-LZ / IZA 190-HZ integrated zone amplifier provides signal processing, routing, paging and amplification for a wide range of commercial applications such as retail stores, restaurants and bars, hospitality venues, conference rooms, schools and auxiliary zones.
The integrated zone amplifier offers a variety of easy-to-use input connections (mic/line/page), input gain and output level adjustments, and operational modes. Built-in Bose® FreeSpace DS 16 and DS40 loudspeaker EQ presets can be selected for loudspeaker optimization.
What other attributes does the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier have?
- With a switch on the rear panel, selectable Bose loudspeaker EQ presets optimize performance of FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers
- Bose Dynamic Equalization circuitry automatically adjusts tone based on the output level to maintain tonal balance at all volume levels
- Bose Opti-voice® paging automatically provides a smooth transition between music and page signals
- System set up is done locally from the front and rear panels. No computer required
- Four rear panel DIP switches offer flexible operation modes: Page Normal/Bypass Master, Output Mono/Stereo, Front Mic Mix/Duck, Aux Out EQ/Flat
- Five inputs: two stereo line inputs, one mic/line input, one page input and one auxiliary stereo line input
- Input source levels can be adjusted with independent gain controls
- Output level (trim) controls available for adjusting individual channel outputs relative to the overall master level
- Source select and master output level can be easily controlled from the front panel
- Bose Volume control with A/B switch enables access to amplifier volume level and source selection from remote locations
- Front panel allows for quick connection of hand-held microphones via an XLR/TRS combination connector
- Auxiliary input on front panel allows quick connection with mobile devices
- Fine tune the sound with front panel treble and bass tone control knobs (+/-6 dB @ 100 Hz and 7 kHz)
- Amplifier outputs can be muted remotely via a contact closure
- High- and low-impedance models available. Choose between 2 channels each at 50 watts (model IZA 250-LZ, 4Ω ) or 1 channel at 90 watts (model IZA 190-HZ, 70/100V systems) for loudspeaker installations
- Systems are easily expandable. Simply connect the auxiliary output of the FreeSpace IZA 250-LZ / IZA 190-HZ integrated zone amplifier to the input of an optional FreeSpace ZA 250-LZ / ZA 190-HZ zone amplifier to add speaker outputs
- Compact, lightweight design. Place unit out of the way—on a table, desk, counter or shelf
- Easily install single amplifier—or two amplifiers side-by-side—in a 1 RU rack with optional Rack Mount Kit accessory
- Natural convection design—no fan noise
What is in the box with a FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
The IZA 250-LZ comes with an amplifier unit, AC power cord, plastic feet with locking pins (4), Installation and Operating Guide, 4-pin Euroblock, 2-pin Euroblock, 4 blue spade lugs (16-14 AWG) and 4 red spade lugs (22-16 AWG).
The IZA 190-HZ comes with an amplifier chassis, AC power cord, plastic feet with locking pins (4), Installation and Operating Guide, and 4-pin Euroblock connector.
Does the FreeSpace IZA amplifier come with rack ears?
The unit does not come with rack ears in the box. For rack-mounting applications, a separate Rack Mount Kit is available which comes with hardware to mount one or two amplifiers in a 1 RU space. It also comes with link brackets for affixing two amplifiers side by side.
What is included in the signal processor section of the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
The IZA integrated zone amplifier features a fixed global compressor/limiter, Bose FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeaker equalization presets, dynamic equalization, Opti-voice® paging, detection and prioritization algorithms, and AGC (Automatic Gain Control).
How does the customer adjust the system after it has been installed?
The IZA integrated zone amplifier can easily be adjusted using front and rear panel controls. Source selector and master volume control, located on the front panel, allow a customer to adjust their system for daily operation. Bose ControlCenter CC-2 zone controllers provide volume and A/B source selection for FreeSpace® and ControlSpace® products.
How easy is it to install the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
Connections can easily be made to the front and rear panels. No computer is required. The amplifier comes with plastic feet for surface placement. An optional Rack Mount Kit accessory is also available to mount one or two amplifiers in a standard mounting rack.
What loudspeakers can be connected to the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
The FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier is designed to provide optimized performance of FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers. A simple switch allows the selection of either loudspeaker, or a generic high-pass mode for use with other passive loudspeakers.
If a power outage should occur, what will happen to the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
The integrated zone amplifier system will reboot when the power returns and audio will resume.
What are the specifications for the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
- Amplifier power: 2 x 50 W @ 4 ohms; 2 x 25 W @ 8 ohms
- Frequency response: 40 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-3 dB, @ 1 W reference 1 kHz)
- Output channels and connectors: 2 ch/zones, 2-terminal barrier strips
- THD+N: ≤0.3% (at full-rated power)
- Input channels and connectors
Line: 2 unbalanced RCA pair
Mic/line: 1 balanced combo XLR – 1/4" (6.5 mm) TRS
Page: (1) 4-pin Euroblock
Auxiliary: 1 unbalanced 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS
- Amplifier power: 1 x 90 W @ 70/100 V
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-3 dB, @ 1W reference 1 kHz)
- Output Channel and Connectors: 1 channel, 3-pin inverted Euroblock
- THD+N: ≤1% (at full-rated power)
- Input Channels and Connectors
Line: 2 unbalanced RCA pair
Mic/line: 1 balanced combo XLR – 1/4" (6.5 mm) TRS
Page: (1) 4-pin Euroblock
Auxiliary: 1 unbalanced 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS
What accessories are available for the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
Accessories for the FreeSpace IZA include:
- Rack Mount Kit: PC 353689-0410
- ControlCenter CC-1 and CC-2 zone controllers
What variants of the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier are available?
There are 5 variants available for each model:
FreeSpace IZA 250-LZ integrated zone amplifier
US 120V product code: 344871-1420
AU 240V product code: 344871-2420
Japan 100V product code: 344871-3420
EU 230V product code: 344871-4420
UK 230V product code: 344871-5420
FreeSpace IZA 190-HZ integrated zone amplifier
US 120V product code: 344871-1410
AU 240V product code: 344871-2410
Japan 100V product code: 344871-3410
EU 230V product code: 344871-4410
UK 230V product code: 344871-5410
What are the front-panel connectors, controls and indicators of the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
Front-panel controls on the IZA 250-LZ and IZA 190-HZ are identical and include the following:
- POWER SWITCH - ON/OFF AC power
- POWER - LED indicates if unit is active
- INPUT CLIP – LED indicates when any input source approaches the threshold value of -3 dBFS
- MIC/LINE INPUT - Combination XLR-TRS connector for use with dynamic microphones
- MIC/LINE INPUT GAIN - Allows gain adjustment (0 dB to +50 dB) of microphones connected to the MIC/LINE INPUT
- AUX INPUT - 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo line-level input connector. Connection mutes INPUT A and INPUT B for priority override
- INPUT A/B* - Allows selection of rear line-input channels A or B
- TREBLE/BASS - Allows tonal adjustments of output channels. Provides +/-6 dB adjustment at 7 kHz and 100 Hz
- MASTER LEVEL* - Controls the overall system volume for both the loudspeakers and the variable AUX OUT connector
* When using a REMOTE connection with the system, the INPUT A/B selector switch and MASTER LEVEL control become disabled.
What are the rear-panel connectors and controls of the FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
- INPUT A/B - Two channels of stereo RCA input connectors
- INPUT GAIN - Allows for -20 dB to +20 dB of adjustment to each INPUT A/B input
- PAGE INPUT - Euroblock mic/line input with trigger contact closure for use with push-to-talk microphones
- PAGE INPUT GAIN - Allows for 0 db to +50 dB of gain control of page input signal
- DIP switches - A bank of four switches set the amplifier configuration
- REMOTE - Input jack for Bose® Volume control with A/B switch
- AUX OUT - Variable output line-level signal for use with ZA zone amplifiers or for routing signal to additional audio equipment
- EQ - Provides loudspeaker equalization presets for the FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers. Can be set to high-pass filter (HPF) for a flat response
- MUTE - Contact closure connection that upon trigger (short) will mute all outputs (including AUX OUT)
- OUTPUT 1 / OUTPUT 2 TRIM - Allows for up to 20 dB attenuation of the individual loudspeaker outputs relative to the master level
- OUTPUT - Speaker connections for up to two 4Ω or 8Ω loudspeaker loads (IZA 250-LZ) or one 3-pin Euroblock for 70/100 V systems (IZA 190-HZ)
- AC Mains receptacle – AC line voltage input
How many FreeSpace ZA zone amplifiers can I connect to an IZA integrated zone amplifier?
A single ZA zone amplifier, either the ZA 250-LZ or ZA 190-HZ model, may be connected to augment the output from an IZA zone amplifier.
What if I want to expand my system beyond a single FreeSpace IZA integrated zone amplifier?
The FreeSpace ZA 250-LZ / ZA 190-HZ zone amplifier makes system expansion easy. Simply connect the auxiliary output of an integrated zone amplifier to the input of a ZA zone amplifier. The two amplifiers will function together as one system—sharing the same music and paging sources as well as master volume control.
What is the warranty of the FreeSpace IZA zone amplifier?
The Bose® Limited Warranty for Professional Systems products lasts five years from the date of purchase for the IZA integrated zone amplifier.
For what applications is the FreeSpace IZA zone amplifier designed?
The IZA amplifier is appropriate for use in many applications including retail stores, restaurants and bars, hospitality venues, conference rooms, schools and auxiliary zones for large sound systems.
How can the amplifier be configured using the DIP switches?
Four rear panel DIP switches offer flexible operation modes:
- PAGE-MIC NORMAL / BYPASS MASTER: determines if the page input source will follow the master level output, or be set at independent fixed output level to ensure announcements are heard
- OUTPUT MONO / OUTPUT STEREO: adjusts the AUX and loudspeaker outputs for mono or stereo input signals
- FRONT MIC MIX / FRONT MIC DUCK: determines if front panel microphone input will be mixed in with the music source or if the music output level will be automatically lowered (ducked) when someone speaks into the microphone
- AUX OUT EQ / AUX OUT FLAT: determines if AUX OUT will have a selected loudspeaker EQ preset applied to it or not. Allows for optimization of FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers when used with an additional zone amplifier
What is Bose Dynamic Equalization (EQ)?
Bose Dynamic EQ is a DSP function that automatically adjusts equalization based on the output to maintain tonal balance at all volume levels.
What is Bose Opti-voice® paging?
Opti-voice paging uses DSP to automatically provide a smooth transition between music and paging signals.
Is a computer required for set up?
No. All set up is done locally from the front and rear panels.
Can I expand an IZA system with a ZA amplifier?
Yes. The Bose® FreeSpace® ZA 2120-LZ / ZA 2120-HZ zone amplifier makes system expansion easy. When a system design requires more loudspeakers than the FreeSpace IZA 2120-LZ / IZA 2120-HZ integrated zone amplifier can support, a FreeSpace ZA can be used to provide additional channels.
What do the mono/stereo OUTPUT (IZA 250-LZ) or mono/stereo AUX OUT (IZA 190-HZ) switches do?
This control switch, located in the rear panel DIP switch bank, adjusts the gain of the amplifier’s AUX and loudspeaker outputs for a mono or stereo input signals. Use MONO when your source has only one RCA channel attached to either INPUT A or INPUT B. Use STEREO when both RCA connectors are used.
What types of protection are available in the amplifier?
The amplifiers are fully protected against loudspeaker output shorts, high temperature damage, and excessively low or high AC line voltage conditions. The IZA 2120-HZ also has an integrated 55 Hz high pass filter to avoid potential transformer saturation.
Is the FreeSpace IZA zone amplifier weather rated?
No. This product must be used indoors. It is neither designed nor tested for use outdoors, in recreational vehicles or on boats.
Can a single IZA 250-LZ amplifier be used in a two-zone application?
Yes. The IZA 250-LZ has two output channels and individual output trim controls. It can be used as a dual-mono amplifier/mixer. Paging signals however, will run to both zones when used in this fashion.
Does the IZA 250-LZ / IZA 190-HZ microphone input support condenser microphones?
The IZA amplifier does not supply phantom power for use with condenser microphones. The IZA 250-LZ / IZA 190-HZ will support low impedance signals from dynamic microphones.