Bose® FreeSpace® ZA 250-LZ and ZA 190-HZ zone amplifiers are designed to provide basic amplification and sound system expansion when using front-end signal processing from products such as the FreeSpace IZA 250-LZ / IZA 190-HZ integrated zone amplifiers, the FreeSpace 4400 business music system and ControlSpace® engineered sound processors.
Premium sound quality from a reliable, high quality Class-D amplifier designed to expand sound systems for loudspeaker installations
Expandable amplification allows for easy system expansion when coupled with a FreeSpace IZA 250-LZ integrated zone amplifier. The two amplifiers will function together as one system
Compact, lightweight design enables the FreeSpace zone amplifier to be placed out of the way—on a table, desk, counter, shelf or in an equipment rack using the optional Rack Mount Kit accessory
Two models available, 4/8 Ω or 70/100 V output, allow for better fit options for specific installations
2 x 50 W @ 4 Ω, 2 x 25 W @ 8 Ω
1 x 90 W @ 70/100 V
20 Hz - 20 kHz (+0/-3 dB, @ 1 W reference 1 kHz)
≤0.3 % (at full rated power)
What is the FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier?
The FreeSpace ZA 250-LZ / ZA 190-HZ zone amplifier makes system expansion easy. Simply connect the auxiliary output of an IZA integrated zone amplifier to the input of a ZA zone amplifier. The two amplifiers will function together as one system sharing the same music, paging sources, master volume control and optional loudspeaker equalization.
ZA zone amplifiers are designed to expand sound systems that utilize front end signal processing from products such as the Bose FreeSpace IZA 250-LZ and IZA 190-HZ integrated zone amplifiers, the Bose Freespace 4400 business music system and Bose ControlSpace® engineered sound processors. The Freespace ZA zone amplifier can also be used as a standalone amplifier from any RCA-line level source.
What other attributes does FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier have?
- High- and low-impedance models available. Choose between 2 channels each at 50 watts (model ZA 250-LZ, 4Ω ) or 1 channel at 90 watts (model ZA 190-HZ, 70/100 V systems) for loudspeaker installations
- Available for use as a standalone power amplifier with Bose signal processors or any RCA-line level source
- Compact, lightweight design. Place unit out of the way—on a table, desk, counter or shelf
- Easily install a single amplifier—or two amplifiers side-by-side—in a 1 RU rack with optional Rack Mount Kit accessory
- Natural convection design—no fan noise
What is in the box with a FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier?
The ZA 250-LZ comes with an amplifier chassis, AC power cord, plastic feet with locking pins (4), Installation and operating guide, RCA cable, 4 blue spade lugs (16-14 AWG) and 4 red spade lugs (22-16 AWG).
The ZA 190-HZ comes with an amplifier chassis, AC power cord, plastic feet with locking pins (4), Installation and operating guide, RCA cable and a 3-pin Euroblock connector.
Does the FreeSpace ZA amplifier come with rack ears?
The unit does not come with rack ears in the box. For rack-mounting applications, a separate RacK Mount Kit is available which comes with hardware to mount one or two amplifiers in a 1 RU space. It also comes with link brackets for affixing two amplifiers side by side.
How does the customer adjust the system after it has been installed?
The IZA integrated zone amplifier can easily be adjusted using front and rear panel controls. Source selector and master volume control, located on the front panel, allow a customer to adjust their system for daily operation. Optional Bose® volume control with A/B switch allows the system to be adjusted from remote locations (PC 041967).
How easy is it to install the FreeSpace ZA integrated zone amplifier?
Connections can easily be made to the rear panel. No computer is required. The amplifier comes with plastic feet for surface placement. An optional Rack Mount Kit accessory is also available to mount one or two amplifiers in a standard mounting rack.
What loudspeakers can be connected to the FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier?
The FreeSpace ZA integrated zone amplifier will continue to provide optimized performance of FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers when coupled with a properly-configured FreeSpace IZA 250-LZ or IZA 190-HZ integrated zone amplifier. Otherwise, the ZA 250-LZ has been designed to run full range without any high-pass filtering. Both the ZA 250-LZ and the ZA 190-HZ can be used with any appropriately matched loudspeaker load.
If a power outage should occur, what will happen to the FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier?
The zone amplifier system will reboot when the power returns and audio will resume.
What are the specifications for the FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier?
- Amplifier power: 2 x 50 W @ 4 ohms; 2 x 25 W @ 8 ohms
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-3 dB, @ 1 W reference 1 kHz)
- Output channels and connectors: 2 ch/zones, 2-terminal barrier strips
- THD+N: ≤0.3% (at full-rated power)
- Input channels and connectors: 1 unbalanced RCA pair
- Amplifier power: 1 x 90W @ 70/100 V
- Frequency response: 60 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-3 dB, @ 1 W reference 1 kHz)
- Output channel and connector: 1 channel, 3-pin inverted Euroblock
- THD+N: ≤1% (at full-rated power)
- Input channels and connectors: 1 unbalanced RCA pair
What accessories are available for the FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier?
The only accessory available for the FreeSpace ZA is a Rack Mount Kit. The Rack Mount Kit includes: 2 link brackets, 2 short rack ears, 1 long rack ear and 14 M3 x 0.5, 6mm length Phillips flat-head machine screws.
What variants of the FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier are available?
There are 5 variants available for each version:
FreeSpace ZA 250-LZ zone amplifier
US 120V product code: 344872-1420
AU 240V product code: 344872-2420
Japan 100V product code: 344872-3420
EU 230V product code: 344872-4420
UK 230V product code: 344872-5420
FreeSpace ZA 190-HZ zone amplifier
US 120V product code: 344872-1410
AU 240V product code: 344872-2410
Japan 100V product code: 344872-3410
EU 230V product code: 344872-4410
UK 230V product code: 344872-5410
What are the front-panel controls and indicators of the FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier?
Front-panel controls on the ZA 250-LZ and the ZA 190-HZ are identical and include the following:
- POWER SWITCH – ON/OFF AC power
- POWER – LED indicates if unit is active
What are the rear-panel connectors and controls of the FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier?
- INPUT – Stereo RCA input connectors
- OUTPUT MODE (ZA 250-LZ only) – Switches between mono or stereo mode (mono mode sums both input signals)
- OUTPUT TRIM – Allows for up to 20 dB attenuation of each loudspeaker output
- OUTPUT connectors - Two terminal strip speaker connectors for two 4Ω or 8Ω loudspeaker loads (ZA 250-LZ) or one 3-pin Euroblock for 70/100 V systems
- AC Mains receptacle – AC line voltage input
How many FreeSpace ZA zone amplifiers can I connect to an IZA integrated zone amplifier?
A single ZA zone amplifier, either the ZA 250-LZ or ZA 190-HZ model, may be connected to augment the output from an IZA zone amplifier.
I want to pair a FreeSpace IZA amplifier with a FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier with a different output impedance. Can I mix/match amplifiers of different output impedance types?
Yes. You can mix amplifier output impedances between IZA and ZA amplifiers to fit your installation requirements.
What is the warranty of the FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier?
The Bose® Limited Warranty for Professional Systems products lasts five years from the date of purchase for the ZA zone amplifier.
For what applications is the FreeSpace ZA zone amplifier designed?
The ZA amplifier is appropriate for use in many applications including retail stores, restaurants and bars, hospitality venues, conference rooms, schools and auxiliary zones for large sound systems.